15 May 2009

Dancing Spontaneously

HH KKS: The wealth of the spiritual world is that everyone in great love and ecstasy is chanting the names of Krishna and then taking Prasadam...the transcendental foodstuffs...and we’re doing the same...thus I could see that the process and the goal are the same...that was interesting...He( Lord Chaitanya) gave us the perfect process or the perfect activity but because we were not perfect we couldn’t immediately do it perfectly...in the beginning...the first time I was in the Temple actually .......there I was standing there ....and there was a Kirtan going on and someone stood next to me and said dance...and I go: why would I dance?!...(Maharaja is jesting)...Why would I dance?...you know...you're not John Wayne...you know...Ok you know...you dance...dance...dance...dance!...He had no guns!...you know...he had no guns so why would I dance?... (audience laughter)...I only dance when the guys shooting the gun...then I’ll dance...dance...dance...dance...dance!...(audience laughter)...but I didn’t see no guns so I was not ready to dance...you know...I thought...I dance spontaneously when it comes from my heart...I’m not gonna just dance when someone says dance...unless someone is really beautiful...then maybe!...would you like to dance?...then maybe I would have done it...in those days...right...not any more!...(audience laughter)...but that's where I was at in those days...so I wasn’t just dancing when some guy said dance...I didn’t dance with guys!...(audience laughter)...anyway no...so I couldn’t relate to it...but then after a short while.............It was a good beat and my feet naturally started to tap along...and before I knew it I was dancing...and it was very nice!...so this Krishna Consciousness...this movement of Lord Chaitanya is like that!(03-14-09- Stockholm)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news