21 May 2009

Breakfast....Salty Soybean Paste...Miserable!

HH KKS: I tried one Buddhist monetary, but well, it was austere, you had to rise very early, there were long, long prayer sessions, just going on and on: I could tolerate that, but when it came to breakfast that was the tough part because they gave one little piece of bread with miso, which is like a salty soybean paste which is as far as I’m concerned short for miserable, miso...right! (audience laughter) There’s absolutely no fun in it, It’s very healthy, you know what I mean? It's one of those breakfasts that’s absolutely healthy but where’s the fun?
So as soon as I saw the breakfast I realized, I had a great philosophical realization and it was: Does spiritual life have to be a life of self denial? Do we have to deny ourselves pleasures of life? Is that spiritual life?
No, it cannot be. Spiritual life must be full of taste. It must be full of joy. It must be full of happiness, so I left that process, that monastery...then Krishna Consciousness was right there. Some say kitchen religion. Yes,I like that part: Lord Chaitanya’s secret weapon...Prasadam!!!
..(03-14-09- Stockholm)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news