11 March 2012

KKSblog.com - My vartma-pradarśaka-guru

KKSblog.com - My vartma-pradarśaka-guru


My vartma-pradarśaka-guru

Posted: 10 Mar 2012 03:50 PM PST

(H H Kadamba Kanana Swami, November 2011, Mayapur) Lecture: Caitanya-caritāmṛta part 11

Before I joined the Hare Krishna movement, I used to see the Hare Krishna's selling books with their wigs on, because they wore wigs in the street in those days. You could pick them out a mile from a distance, and I avoided them with a cold glassy look, and looked into space with no response and a cold face, whenever they distributed a book to me…. no way! As a result I had a girlfriend who had a dog named 'Krishna' and I was always calling her dog:

'Krishna…Krishna…. Krishna.'

And the dog would never come back at night and I would call out very loud:

'KRISHNA! KRISHNA!'

And in this way I was doing the Harinama around the block, every night! So my vartma-pradarśaka-guru was the dog. As I said that Krishna sends you a guru on your level! So everyone has a different vartma-pradarśaka-guru – someone who first shows you the path.


Rating: 0.0/7 (0 votes cast)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news