18 March 2012

KKSblog.com - The most important thing

KKSblog.com - The most important thing


The most important thing

Posted: 17 Mar 2012 03:20 PM PDT

(HH Kadamba Kanana Swami, 11th March 2012, New York) Lecture: SB 11.5.32

When you are alone and chant the Hare Krishna maha mantra – a simple japa all by yourself (early in the morning) then you are confronted with the naked truth – the one who you really are, and the love that you really have for Krishna. Or the love that you don't have for Krishna is going to be very obvious.

It is either Rupa Goswami:

'Krishna is dancing on my tongue…………………… '

Or it is:

'Oh my God. Oh my Lord these sixteen rounds that I have to chant, feel like millions of more. Every minute of chanting feels like a day of Brahma! Oh my Lord will I ever finish my rounds?'

And when we are not chanting our rounds then we are counting our rounds, and the most ecstatic moment is the magic moment….like the moment of:

'Ping…sixteen done! Okay thank God I've finished my rounds.'

So there are different of levels for chanting. When we are in japa then we are thrown back on ourselves. No longer can we hide in the crowd! No longer can we borrow the enthusiasm of others! Now, we simply have to do it ourselves – alone, turn to Krishna. The mind freaks out:

'Help! I can't do this!'

But actually we go before Krishna. We glorify Krishna and in this way realising that actually there is nothing…..nothing as valuable as that….nothing in the world. This is it…..this is really it, the most important thing ; the most wonderful thing; the most desired thing. This is the one thing that we have been waiting for – the all in all now that we are chanting japa.

So in this way we can try and meditate and gradually realise this. So by anchoring ourselves deeply, in our own conviction. Then we can face the world….let the world crumble……let with everything we have let it go – what does it matter? We have Krishna. And what in this world that can capture us that is so wonderful! Then we have Krishna in this way by deep chanting name after name, again and again!


Rating: 0.0/7 (0 votes cast)

Miraculous things

Posted: 17 Mar 2012 01:55 PM PDT

(HH Kadamba Kanana Swami, 11th March 2012, New York) Lecture: SB 11.5.32

So many miraculous things were appearing in the life of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Yesterday we saw that in the play, how from a seed He manifested a mango tree, and we saw how in the Janakantha forest, He touched a tiger with His lotus foot, and the tiger jumped up and started chanting like mad! And the deers started to join in. Then the tigers and the deers embraced and kissed each other, which is extraordinary.

So miracles were happening, but undoubtedly the greatest miracle that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu displayed was the miracle of His extraordinary love for Krishna. Who has ever shown such love for Krishna? Who had ever displayed it? That was no longer human! People who saw him concluded that:

'He cannot be human. This cannot be not possible.'

Therefore it is said by the historians that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stayed for a long time in Puri and just His presence had affected the whole of Orissa. There were deities all over Orissa that were being worshipped during His lifetime! People just accepted His Supremacy without preaching or anything, just by the display of His extraordinary love in Jagannath Puri, Orissa was conquered……………..The whole of Orissa had changed!


Rating: 0.0/7 (0 votes cast)

The one thing in life

Posted: 17 Mar 2012 08:30 AM PDT

Everything goes in life.
It is amazing – If I look now at my life: So many things came, so many things went. I've lived in so many countries. I've had so many relationships with so many people. I've had so many possessions – so many things I've had over the years!
All gone… All gone! People gone, places gone, possessions gone…

But one thing is still here: My beads. The Holy Name, still here, still chanting. So nice, something constant amidst all the chaos. What a relieve that the chanting is there.

I am not great like Rupa Goswami with millions of tongues and millions of ears but I feel relieve that the chanting is still there. That's the one thing that's been there every day.

Shelter. Relieve. My anchor. My sanity. My hope – the one thing I can hold on to:

The Holy Name.

(HH Kadamba Kanana Swami, 11th March 2012, New York)


Rating: 7.0/7 (1 vote cast)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news