19 March 2012

KKSblog.com - “How can I be called the maintainer?”

KKSblog.com - “How can I be called the maintainer?”


“How can I be called the maintainer?”

Posted: 18 Mar 2012 04:50 PM PDT

(HH Kadamba Kanana Swami, 11th March 2012, New York) Lecture: SB 11.5.32


It is said that Krishna was thinking to Himself:

'I gave all the instructions of how to get out of this material world in the Bhagavad-Gita, and I concluded it, that one should simply abandon all variety of activities and just surrender onto me, and that I will do my part, but then I will remove all the sinful reactions from the heart of the living beings.'

‘sarva-dharmān parityajya
mām ekaṁ śaraṇaṁ vraja
ahaṁ tvāṁ sarva-pāpebhyo
mokṣayiṣyāmi mā śucaḥ,'
(Bg.18.66).

So Krishna was thinking:

'What to do now?'

So Krishna then decided and said:

'For long I have not come into this world and I have not given love of God to myself.'

Therefore He decided that maybe He should appear in this world. He was saying:

'How could I be called? How could I be worthy of the name of Viśvambhara the maintainer of the entire universe if I am not providing them with all their needs?'

'Viśvam' means the maintainer of the universe:

'Therefore how can I truly be called the maintainer if I don't give them love of God?'

So, yes anyone who is not experiencing the love of God is living a ghostly life, is basically living a diseased life. A life where we are just unreal-able. A life where we are not really our true self. Somehow or other due to amnesia. Somehow or other due to some mental deficiency we cannot access our true personality – our true identity. Lost and ghostlike we roam around this world, from here to there. So Krishna had the desire. He had the desire to bestow His mercy upon all the living beings.

There was another reason why Krishna appeared. The second reason is found in a story when Krishna was in Dwarika and He met Rukmini. Rukmini at that time was overwhelmed by feelings of ecstasy and tears were streaming from her eyes. As her husband Krishna was trying to pacify her and He asked:

'What's wrong?'

And she said:

'You cannot understand.'

So He says:

'Look, I am the Supreme Personality of Godhead. I mean, I am all knowing. What's there that I cannot understand?'

Then again she said:

'No, you can't understand.'

Then Krishna also went through the whole ordeal before she finally revealed what it was that He could not understand, which was that:

'You can't understand what it is like to feel love for You!'

Krishna was shocked:

'Oh my God. That's one thing that I can't understand.'

He was so intrigued that that was the one thing the He didn't understand. It must be kind of boring if you understand everything. I don't have that problem but I can imagine that it must be kind of boring and I guess Krishna was elated:

'There is something that I can't understand.'

It became an obsession where:

'I have to understand it.'

So a plan was made and Krishna decided to appear in this world to experience the mood of His devotee and therefore came in the mood of His best devotee, Srimati Radharani!


Rating: 0.0/7 (0 votes cast)

One must be a very humble servant!

Posted: 18 Mar 2012 03:41 PM PDT

(HH Kadamba Kanana Swami, 11th March 2012, New York) Lecture: SB 11.5.32

One must be a very humble servant of his spiritual master. Srila Prabhupada stressed the same point. He wrote in this famous letter to Jayapataka Maharaja:

'I had many god brothers who were very qualified. Many of them were more learned and more qualified than me. How is it that this miracle happened to me? How is it that I became successful? I can think of only one thing. It is because I cent per cent followed the order of my spiritual master!'


Rating: 0.0/7 (0 votes cast)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news