27 November 2008

Do It For Krishna


KKS- Amsterdam 2008:
For Krsna, we can do all kinds of things we would have never done and what can we say, everyone has to in this, overcome some things that one really hates. Like me for example- I hate making phone calls, God do I hate making phone calls!
I really hate it, it’s just…my whole life I just didn’t do it! I was temple president in Vrndavana even, I would never take the phone- I wouldn’t answer the phone! I had a vice president and he was the official phone man; I appointed him to be in charge of the phone so that I didn’t have to answer the phone! I wouldn’t deal with the phone! And the only one I would speak with sometimes on the phone was him! But not to anybody else because I hated phones!
Because people call you and they just give you something to do as if you…and you’re already busy like anything! And then someone comes in the middle and just comes up with, “Can you do…” and they need an answer, “We need this now…” and this is too much, I was already busy now I’m double busy. So I hate phones! And just today I have to make all kinds of calls ah, that I hate to make! But somehow or other they settled me up with it. And now I have a phone in my pocket, and I hate the thing! But I have it because it’s for Krsna’s service, otherwise I’ll throw it in the water! Gosh!
So like this we have to, for the sake of pleasing Krsna and doing Krsna’s work, we have to give up our own preferences and our own idea sometimes.

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news