10 October 2010

Surrender is a matter of cultivation

Transcribed by Savitri Devi Dasi
Kadamba Kanana Swami:


There are people who live in the temple and who relate to the world and there are people who live in the world and who relate the temple- these two ways are both possible. But in both conditions of life, one must come to cent per cent, cent per cent for Krsna.
That is not a matter of determination; we cannot say:
‘And from this day on, I will be cent per cent Krsna conscious…’
it doesn’t work, it’s not possible! It’s not a decision, it is a matter of cultivation. It is a matter of serious cultivation. One can decide: ‘From this day on I will get more serious about the cultivation,’ that we can do:
‘From this day on I will somehow or other make more arrangement to remind myself of Krsna: I will hear more about descriptions of Krsna, I’ll play more tapes, I will sing more, chant more, I will buy a harmonium and learn how to play, I will do many things, I will do many things to remember Krsna, somehow or other, according to my taste and according to the prescribed rules’

Transcribed by Savitri Devi Dasi
(Kadamba Kanana Swami, Amsterdam, 2008)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news