07 October 2010

Abode of the Holy Name: Part One: I'm Allowed to Chant

Sometimes before I start chanting I read a little bit just to get some meditation going and I’m reading till I come to a point where something strikes me. And I did it today and I started and then I was reading how Ragunatha Das Goswami was the abode of the holy name. And I was thinking, “Wow,” I was thinking, “That’s far out! The abode of the holy name. The holy name was residing in him. The abode of the holy name.” I was thinking, “Boy, If only I could be like that. Alright, let me chant Hare Krsna.” So it did give me some desire to chant when I read that. “Hare krsna Hare krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare.” And not just with passion not just flapping my cheeks and my ears, ‘Hare Krsna Hare Krsna”, biting my teeth but appreciating Krsna actually, that Krsna is personally present. That transcendental flute player, Krsna, He is now present in His holy name and I, I am having the good fortune that I’m allowed to chant, I’m allowed to chant...
.
Kadamba Kanana Swami
Melbourne, Australia
October 6th 2010

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news