27 April 2010

Don't play with Maya!

Maya can read our mind so therefore she knows exactly what we like! Oh, and she knows all our weaknesses! So she knows when we are at our weakest moment and just then...'What I always wanted...now it's here! Oh well, I can fall down today and be Krsna conscious tomorrow!' (cellphone rings) and who's on the line? Guess who...? (Laughter)

In this way, she has her way and her tricks to pull us out of our spiritual practices again and again in whatever way she can do...and she'll strike us! Just like Prabhupada said that in his early preaching, in the 60's in New York, he got a heart attack and he said, 'Maya gave me this blow. Maya saw that I was very successful and she gave me a death blow. But Krsna saved me!'

So just see how heavy Maya is; she can give death blows and all these things to such a pure devotee! Imagine what she can do to us...

(Kadamba Kanana Swami, 26 June 2009, Radhadesh)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news