16 March 2010

Serving the spiritual master- Part 3

Many small adjustments make a big one
It's not a small thing, it's not an intellectual adjustment where one makes a solemn declaration: (Dramatic) 'From today on I will surrender! On this Vyasa Puja, in my offering, I solemnly swear that from now on, I will surrender...!'...Well, read your offering next year!
(Dramatic) 'Dear Guru Maharaja, although I last year promised to solemnly surrender, again I miserably failed another year and even I didn't try so hard- what can I do? I'm so fallen, please be merciful on your hopeless disciple. Not even your real servant- simply trying to- aspiring to be your servant...not even really aspiring yet- trying to aspire to be a servant...!'
And we can write Vyasa Puja offerings in that way. Because to really become that servant means that we we have to little by little make many small adjustments. Many small adjustments make a big one! That's it!
To dramatically make an announcement, 'I'm going to completely adjust my life' is a joke! I did it the day I joined and it was a joke! What can I say...we have to actually step by step fine-tune. And the more we try to do that, the more Krsna will reveal what the next step is...

(HH Kadamba Kanana Swami, 2005)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news