02 March 2010

Falling Prey To Pride?

Kadamba Kanana Swami

Vasudev, the leper, wanted to somehow or other meet Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He went to the spot where Caitanya Mahaprabhu was supposed to be, but when he arrived, Caitanya Mahaprabhu had already left. He was so shocked that he lamented and lamented and lamented, and it is said that at this point, Caitanya Mahaprabhu just appeared again on that spot. He was back and He gave the mercy to this brahmana. He embraced him and cured his body. He had a beautiful healthy body after that, so then Vasudev was very happy that the Lord had bestowed mercy upon him.
But after the initial happiness was over, he said, "But my dear Lord, now that I am in this position, I am wondering how I will be saved from falling prey to pride? Previously that was very easy because I was totally abominable so I never had a chance to get carried away by pride - just some low leper - but now, I might just be thinking, that well, an attractive brahmana like me... so how do I save myself from being contaminated?" ...



So Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu instructed him to always chant the holy name of the Lord - so this is a very important instruction - to endlessly chant the holy name of the Lord and that one must also instruct whoever you meet, about Krsna.

So these were the two principles and he said that if you do that then you will never be overcome by the three modes of material nature. I guarantee that!

So here Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is giving a guarantee! This guarantee is for Vasudev, but these are particular guarantees for us, so the Lord has all these little standards for us!

(Kadamba Kanana Swami 2003)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news