17 June 2009

Preaching gives life to our japa...

Excerpts from Japa Talks
Kadamba Kanana Swami: (17 june 2009, 8:44am)
"This chanting should go on. Instead of meetings, resolutions, dissolutions, revolutions and then no solutions, there should be chanting."- His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, from Lilamrita Vol.6p.182
I wonder how much time of my life has been spend in meetings. But then again together we can make a difference, what can I do alone?And then there are personal matters, that can not always be ignored. Yesterday I was thinking 'early to bed' and then tomorrow ,'early to rise.' But last night someone came and needed to talk. It was important to him and he is important to me. So what to do, I had to sacrifice my early morning and with it so many extra rounds that I had been planning to chant. That is what it means to have relationships,it is a matter of give and take.The Bhajanandi makes all the time in the world for his chanting, what else is there to do. But a ghostyanandi would like to do the same, but can not always, because he gives himself to others in preaching Krsna consciousness.
Prithu likes to talk about yare dekhe tare kaha krsna upadesa, whomever you meet tell them about Krsna. He said the other day in Berlin, "We would only think about making devotees. We were always looking if someone could maybe become a devotee and ..we were making devotees" And he did make so many nice devotees.

How many of us really have the time to regularly chant 64 rounds? I like the program of rising at 1:30am, and then take bath and only chant, then I can 64 rounds before 10am, but then no mangala arati, guru puja and class.Sometimes I want to hang a sign on the door " Do Not Disturb,important meeting in progress" and inside the room I will be trying to meet Krsna by chanting His holy names.Sometimes I want to be alone.And other times I want to go on hari nama or be there Ratha Yatra. Preaching gives life to our japa...

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news