29 June 2009

16 rounds...

(New from Japa Talks, Kadamba Kanana Swami, 28 June 2009)
Dear Vaisnavas,
It is nice to offer you my obeisances and to my disciples also blessings. Let us always glorify Srila Prabhupada, because we become purified by that and stronger in our commitment to fulfill his desires.I have just returned. I have been out preaching and was off-line for 4 days....it was 'too much good'. I was in the Czech Summer Camp. Big long kirtans, lectures and lots of talks to lots of people.There has been no time and energy left for extra rounds. It has been a minimum of sixteen. Last night I finished my sixteen rounds at 10:45pm, these days that is an exception to my rule, I generally always chant 16 rounds in the morning and then extra rounds in the day. This morning I got up at 3:30 and after managl arati I went for a japa walk in to the Czech forest, there was a long straight path, it was easy to just walk and chant out loud. The rounds were clear and steady. I wanted to compensate for yesterday, where I chanted three rounds late at night just wanting to finish them and one extra to make up for possible bad quality. I became overwhelmed by so many activities, Ironically as part of all that I also gave initiations yesterday and as the devotees were making their vows, I was thinking that it will not always be easy to chant a minimum of 16 rounds. Everyone gets overwhelmed sometimes, but the vows are kept, we may have to sacrifice our sleep. And then later catch up. If getting overwhelmed by too much activity becomes a way of life, then it looks like over-endeavor and we have to really start thinking of making some changes to our life. For me now it is time to recharge, tonight early to bed, and after a long rest, still early to rise, so I can get back in to putting some quality in my rounds...that's life. Everyday, make an endeavor to really chant the holy name.These vows are so nice. They will never leave us, even if we would try to leave them. If we give ourselves to follow them with dedication then they will uplift us, and if we take the vow of chanting 16 rounds casual then we become dry;and if we neglect our chanting all together and give up our promise to chant 16 rounds, then these vow will beat our heart.So I was thinking that there is a great blessing in taking initiation and promising to chant a minimum of 16 rounds without fail.
Your servant,
Kadamba Kanana Swami

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news