25 June 2009

For the pleasure of Krsna...

Once I read in the Caitanya Caritamrta about Srila Haridas Thakura
and it said that he was chanting daily 300 000 names for the pleasure of Krsna, and it was just for me like boinggggg! So it just hit me when I read that phrase; it happens sometimes: you’re reading a book and then one sentence suddenly just strikes, and suddenly I thought, “For the pleasure of Krsna? Have I ever chanted for the pleasure of Krsna? Have I actually ever chanted one round for the pleasure of Krsna?” I thought, hmmm…So I thought, well, probably not; probably I’ve chanted because I don’t want to come back in the material world, I’ve chanted because I want to get rid of karma- I have some respect for karma! Not really wanting too much more of that! I have chanted because I was curious to see what would happen if I would chant, if I would get a spiritual experience! Like this I have chanted for many different reasons, we think about it, all self-centred, always thinking bout my benefit. But thinking that Haridas was chanting 300 000 names just in the mood of pleasing Krsna, that struck me on that particular day and ever since I am meditating on that from time to time...
(HH KKS, South Coast Retreat '08, Durban, SA)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news