08 June 2009

"ME and MY enjoyment!"

I remember 1965, oh yes, I was there, I had a guitar- sure enough, you had to have one in’65. And there I was and I couldn’t play a single chord but that didn’t matter either, because just on the open strings…and I will yell out, and on top of my lungs: FREEDOM, FREEDOM, FREEDOM! My favourite band was called ‘The Animals’ and my favourite song, ‘ It’s my life and I do what I want!’ and I did and boy oh boy, shoo! It was complex. So the lower nature basically is all based on our personal enjoyment, everything for ME and it’s not only Don Juan, there’s also his female counterpart of course, (dramatic) ‘tadam tadam tadamm, I wrap the guys around my little finger…’ that’s also going on! So, whoever, but the same thing again, she dresses to kill, oh yes, dress to kill and for what? She loves to be loved, she loves to be loved!
That’s what it is all about! - To see them squirm, to see them crawl, to feel the power of simply controlling them, oh she loves to be loved! So all this is part of the entanglement of the lower nature. Because, true love is something different. True love is not that self-centred type of desire: ‘ all for my enjoyment!’- But it is actually making sacrifice, it means to give. So in the higher nature, we speak about sacrifice-‘sacrifice?’ it was always one of those words together with ‘duties, principle, sacrifice...the kind of words that I thought, why did my parents harass me with these words? 'Sacrifice! Yuck! Can’t we just be free?’ But we see that within sacrifice, we grow because within sacrifice when we give for someone else, we become a greater person...
(HH KKS, Cape Town, South Africa, '05)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news