13 November 2009

Simple Formula

When I first came to the Hare Krishhna temple it was close to Janmastami and on Janmastami they were all fasting and at the same time they were cooking. I couldn’t get it: “What kind of people are these?” They’re fasting all day and there cooking all day at the same time. I couldn’t get it!
But later on I understood that they are not cooking for their own pleasure but they are cooking for the pleasure of Krishna.
That’s a simple formula, for the pleasure of Krishna. Chant for the pleasure of Krishna, not for our own pleasure but for the pleasure of Krishna.
“ Oh I am chanting my japa now and I am not feeling so happy” –that’s because you’re chanting for your own pleasure, but if you would chant for the pleasure of Krishna then first of all you will stop murmuring: "murmur murmur murmur krishna krishna rama rama murmur murmur"...how can you offer that to Krishna! That’s not very pleasing!
You have to offer Him something a little better. So pronounce it:
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare


(Kadamba Kanana Swami 15/02/2009)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news