09 May 2012

KKSblog.com - Take care of yourself

KKSblog.com - Take care of yourself


Take care of yourself

Posted: 08 May 2012 03:21 PM PDT

(HH Kadamba Kanana Swami, Radhadesh, Belgium, 29th April 2012) Lecture: Vyasa Puja 2012

When you get older, take care of yourself – that's your service! First service is take care of yourself. As Srila Prabhupada said:

'First health, then sadhana, and then service.'

Take care of yourself, by all means, but of course, in all aspects…so when one is older then one needs to concentrate on his energy, but because one has a lot of experience (and a lot of depth) then one can give it in a very concentrated form and that is the business of the elder.

As stated in the Vedas that the brahmacaris, they are the legs. It means that they are young and therefore they have to run around basically all day, and that is their business. But the elders they are meant to give that deeper and concentrated wisdom of a lifetime, which comes together with scriptures and by practice and realization. It's these three – there's all the wisdom of a lifetime, which comes together with the scriptures and then actual realization – then it's deep and strong, and that is what we need!


Rating: 0.0/7 (0 votes cast)

Soul Food

Posted: 08 May 2012 02:53 PM PDT

(HH Kadamba Kanana Swami, Radhadesh, Belgium, 29th April 2012) Lecture: Vyasa Puja 2012

One has to makes sure he gets spiritual nourishment. So all of you have to do that yourself. You see I cannot do that! If you are looking at me to always provide spiritual nourishment, then I will crack. I mean physically I'll crack. It's like with me I am by constitution a Rolls Royce motor in a Volkswagon body, and that is the situation. So by my spirit and mind I can take on the universe but in the process my body cracks and I have to be careful about that, so I am watching it.

If you feel that the relationship between us has become distant, please turn to me! You cross the distance somehow or other. As I said it takes two to tango. If you want a personal instruction and didn't get one, ask for one!


Rating: 0.0/7 (0 votes cast)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news