07 May 2012

KKSblog.com - Forget about sex, choose Krishna!

KKSblog.com - Forget about sex, choose Krishna!


Forget about sex, choose Krishna!

Posted: 06 May 2012 04:02 PM PDT

(HH Kadamba Kanana Swami, Radhadesh, Belgium, 29th April 2012) Lecture: Vyasa Puja 2012 – Class

This morning I opened my lecture of the topic of sex life, because that is what we are doing in these material bodies. Prabhupada said in the Srimad Bhagavatam:

'The whole material world is a backdrop for sex life!'

That's what he wrote. That is the one thing that is behind everything, and somehow or other, either direct or indirect…it is so deeply engraved. When Brahmananda was saying that he had a university professor who once rejected his essay because Brahmananda had written in his essay:

'People had been intrinsically driven by a desire for spirituality.'

And his mundane teacher had said:

'Wrong, they are driven by sex!'

Brahmananda was presenting this to Prabhupada and said how foolish his teacher was, and Prabhupada said:

'Your teacher was right.'

So I brought it up to let you all know, that we're not alone in this struggle. We're doing it together. We are somehow or other together making this commitment. I'm making it and you're making it. I may sit here and we are celebrating my birthday, but I live by the same four regulative principles as you do. I also promised it, and I'm also in a material body, and I also say:

'Forget it, choose for Krishna!'

Of course, it becomes easier and easier with time, and more and more natural, but one has to keep on choosing for Krishna! One has to make sure that one fills the heart – the consciousness with the hearing, chanting and the service in relation to Krishna so that one is full enough to not be drawn to the physical platform!


Rating: 0.0/7 (0 votes cast)

Communicating with the spiritual master

Posted: 06 May 2012 03:54 PM PDT

(HH Kadamba Kanana Swami, Radhadesh, Belgium, 29th April 2012) Lecture: Vyasa Puja 2012 – Class

Don't get disappointed when I wasn't able to speak with your personally. One time I read something that Srila Prabhupada said, which was a relief for me, because he said:

'I instruct my disciples intimately publicly.'

I thought:

'Wow! This is great. This is wonderful.'


Rating: 0.0/7 (0 votes cast)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news