30 November 2010

Srila Prabhupada’s Disappearance Day


nama om visnu-padaya krsna-presthaya bhu-tale, srimate bhaktivedanta-svaminn iti namine
namas te sarasvate deve gaura-vani-pracarine, nirvisesa-sunyavadi-pascatya-desa-tarine

Well, I first came to this movement here in Vrndavana in 1978. I had come after reading Prabhupada’s Gita and I had become convinced and therefore I was in the Himalaya’s and I decided to come down to Vrndavana and join. I was very happy to come to this temple because it was so overwhelmingly spiritual. Seeing the Deities, it just, I felt I’m in the spiritual world. Krsna’s presence was overwhelming. Then I became involved in service and it was in that service that I made my connection with Srila Prabhupada. Very quickly I became involved in different types of management, looking after the temple. In doing so I realized the more I take responsibility for fulfilling Prabhupada’s desire the stronger my connection will be. Here in the Krsna Balarama temple everything, everything was touched by Srila Prabhupada because here his samadi was present, here he installed Krsna and Balaram with that famous Ariti where he was so pleased, here was his house. Every inch of this project was touched by his personal instruction more than any other place. In fact as time went on I felt that the presence of Srila Prabhupada was even stronger in this project than the presence of Krsna. And Prabhupada captured my heart. When I first came I was proud, independent, stubborn and I still am to quite a degree but the one difference is that now I’m praying, now after so many years, I am praying that somehow or other I will be allowed to continue doing some service, some service here for Srila Prabhupada in this Krsna Balarama temple, in this movement to serve his servants and to do something to spread this Krsna consciousness all over the world. Because I am convinced that as I met Srila Prabhupada after his departure and as he touched my heart very deep and took over my life, I’m very sure that today Prabhupada is also taking over the lives of many people who today meet him for the first time. And I don’t know for how many years in the future Prabhupada will continue to touch the lives of so many people and just generate faith in their hearts and capture them and in that way this movement will continue to spread all over the world.

Thank you very much.
Srila Prabhupada ki Jai

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news