03 November 2010

Rivers of Desires Have No Effect

When I received the order of sanyassa, that was in Bhaktivedanta Manor and I had to go to Belgium - it is just on the other side of the channel, I went by boat across the sea and it was summer time (I like boats being a Dutch man) I was sitting on the deck of this boat and then this verse came to my mind.

apuryamanam acala-pratistham
samudram apah pravisanti yadvat
tadvat kama yam pravisanti sarve
sa santim apnoti na kama-kami


It means that as the rivers of desires flow into our mind, just like the rivers flow in to the ocean – the ocean is so full that the water from the rivers can not effect the ocean.
So Srila Prabhupada explains it for us, that when we are so full, so fullof Krishna consciousness, so full of worshipping Krishna and glorifying Krishna then material desires can not effect us, that is the process.

(Kadamba Kanana Swami, Canberra, October 2010)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news