15 June 2010

Japa Meditations

A Japa meditation prayer by Kadamba Kanana Swami

I could be humble, if i would be honest
and admit that I have no special qualities,
that I am full of fault
and have no devotion
then I could chant all the time
now I can't

If I would be humble and tolerant
then maybe I could attract Krsna
Rupa and Sanatana's extraordinary humility
was more than the Lord could tolerate

I am proud of achievements qualities and possessions
that i don't really have
they are only lend to me
and will be taken by time

All these false attributes distract me
If only I could be humble
                                                       I could take shelter of Krsna
                                                     and chant all the time

i am nothing, Satvarupa said,
You are not nothing but something
Prabhupada retorted,
but you are not what you think you are.

If only I could be a servant of my spiritual master
of Krsna and the vaisnavas
maybe then I could chant hare krsna
Can you pray for me
that I will improve?

Japa Talks, 12 June 2010

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news