18 June 2010

Wait till you see the Chinese!

At one point I was leading a kirtan, and suddenly a group of sixty Chinese appeared. Really as Chinese as Chinese can be- originals! “Made in China- it said on the label!” They were there, and then they suddenly came right into the kirtan and I tell you that the efforts that they attained. The way these Chinese were dancing. You thought that the Africans have one up when it comes to dancing. Well…wait till you see the Chinese. They were going for it!

And I just realised that one billion people out there- are completely ready for Krishna Consciousness. Because it says that if you cook a pot of rice by one grain, you can test the pot. At least that’s what the ladies do. They can’t test every grain to see if it’s cooked…no. Take out one, soft: Not hard inside, than and it’s good, because nothing is more horrible than rice which is still hard on the inside. I just broke my Ekadasi with a uncooked Jaga- puri rice, which I find difficult.

Anyway so one tests the pot, by one grain. And simply by sixty Chinese, dancing with great enthusiasm. I realised that one Nation of over a billion is ready for Krsna!

(Kadamba Kanana Swami, 11th April 2010, Durban, South Africa)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news