13 January 2009

Writing on Caitanya Caritamrta

One of the duties of the sannyasis that was established by Srila Prabhupada was to write on the conclusions of Krsna consciousness. So I felt inspired some time ago and I wanted to write. And for so long I’ve been wanting to write on Caitanya Caritamrta and I thought deeply and I thought, Yes, what will I write? What will I write that is of significance? What can I add now? It’s already been done- Prabhupada did it. He gave really the essence, although he didn’t complete Bhagavatam fully, still he gave it; the main thing he gave and whatever was not done was finished by his disciples. But basically Prabhupada brought it- Bhagavad-Gita, Srimad Bhagavatam, Nectar of Devotion, Caitanya Caritamrta- that basically he gave. So anything I would write beyond- whether I would translate some work, or whether I would write some further commentaries- is only supportive, is only there to help us more easily enter these scriptures. If I would write anything, it would be only that; if I would write on the Cc it could only be to make the knowledge that is there in unchanged form more available. That could be the only benefit of anything I could do. So we are just the little, little fire flares who just light a little for a moment, compared to Prabhupada, who’s the representative of the sun- really giving the full transcendental knowledge which can enlighten the age of Kali…
(HH KKS, 2003)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news