03 December 2011

KKSblog.com - Another type of suffering

KKSblog.com - Another type of suffering


Another type of suffering

Posted: 02 Dec 2011 03:32 PM PST

(Kadamba Kanana Swami, Radhadesh, Belgium, 2011) Lecture –Initiation, Part 1

Although we desired happiness in the material world, but somehow or other the activities that we were performing were not really successful. Sometimes for a while it seems successful but then it didn't work out. As pointed out by Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura that:

"One is baffled in material life."

Baffled means defeated…we are defeated. Bhagavatam says:

"parābhavas tāvad abodha-jāto
yāvan na jijñāsata ātma-tattvam",
(S.B. 5.5.5).

When a person is not dedicating his life to the absolute truth (not only into enquiring about the absolute truth, but also not living according to the absolute truth)then that person is entangling himself in the network of more and more complications, which are endless. And these complications are ultimately leading to unhappiness.

Sometimes, the unhappiness may not be acute. Not acute in the sense that the suffering is so much prevalent. Especially in the western world where we are living in, where there is a lot of comfort. Sometimes people say:

"But I have never really experienced so much suffering. My life has been quite pleasant".

Yes, it may have been, but there is another type of suffering…..the suffering of not being fulfilled. Maybe when we live in comfort in our western world and after so many years, there has been peace in society, with so many years economically we have been doing well….we have all lived in great opulence in the western world. But we have only experienced emptiness of all that opulent lifestyle. The emptiness – the lack of happiness in that. So therefore, it is a fact that without Krishna Consciousness one cannot be happy!

A few drops of mercy

Posted: 02 Dec 2011 03:01 PM PST

(Kadamba Kanana Swami, Radhadesh, Belgium, 2011) Lecture – C.c Adi 7.20-21

How hard must we try to develop our desires for Krishna? We must try with all our heart. We must try with every cell in our body! We must try with every thought that comes into our mind………we must try completely……completely…..nothing else! That's what we should do. But of course, we don't do that, and when it comes to the next part, and that is the part when we realise that:

"I know what I should be doing, and I'm falling short….I'm very much falling short".

That is when we start to pray for mercy, and that is why I always stress about Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, because I'm so much aware of how much I'm falling short. Of course, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was deeply absorbed in the meditation of Radha and Krishna. So I am also thinking about the amazing nature of Vrindavan. I consider Vrindavan as my home, but in that home I am just a poor miserly beggar! That's the problem. I see the residents of Vrindavan passing by and sometimes a few drops of mercy come my way, but then I can't really keep up with them at all……and then I know that it's time for mercy, and so I pray to Lord Nityananda and Lord Caitanya for mercy…..and I pray to all the followers of Sri Sri Gaura Nitai, to Srila Prabhupada, to all of you….and then I hope. I wrote something about this, which says:

"As a beggar, basically I want Krishna Prema. Oh yes! I really want it but I don't want to pay the price for it! Oh no, I don't, and I offer Krishna only broken names, that's all. Please give me Krishna Prema! Please……please!"

Meanwhile, I'm offering broken names. That is my condition. So you must try to give everything. Not a little bit, but everything…..everything for Krishna!

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news