04 April 2012

KKSblog.com - He will take away all impurities!

KKSblog.com - He will take away all impurities!


He will take away all impurities!

Posted: 03 Apr 2012 03:17 PM PDT

(H H Kadamba Kanana Swami, Prague, Czech Republic, 18th March 2012) Lecture: SB.4.9.8

Devotee: When it comes to stumbling blocks in spiritual progress, with things like lust, pride and disturbances of the mind, then sometimes I can clearly see them coming (or even clearly realise them when they are there), but still they stay there and just from the knowledge they won't disappear. So I was wondering how to deal with that, since we are conditioned and are aware of it but we are still being conditioned by it?

Maharaja: Krishna says:

'sarva-dharmān parityajya
mām ekaṁ śaraṇaṁ vraja
ahaṁ tvāṁ sarva-pāpebhyo
mokṣayiṣyāmi mā śucaḥ,' (Bg 18.66)

Krishna says that He will take away all the impurities! We cannot take them away ourselves:

'How come, I'm still having all these conditioned qualities in me and I don't want them. I have tried so much to give them up, and they just don't go!'

It means we have to surrender to Krishna's system of devotional service and He'll take away the impurities and that's how it works. So if we are confronted with our own impurities then we have to increase the quality and quantity of devotional service!


Rating: 0.0/7 (0 votes cast)

Looking for some justification

Posted: 02 Apr 2012 03:40 PM PDT

(H H Kadamba Kanana Swami, Prague, Czech Republic, 18th March 2012) Lecture: SB.4.9.8

Everyone is looking for some justification to do what he wants to do. For example, what if I want to eat onions? Then I would say that:

‘I am eating them because it purifies the blood, and I have some issues with my blood and no other medicine works. Nothing works for me but onions really works for me! So what can I do? I must take it for medical reasons.’

I'm not addicted to drinking but I am taking ayurvedic medicine, which contains 90% alcohol! It's very good, and I feel so much better since I have been taking this! The ayurvedic doctor said that I should be taking it on a long-term basis. So justification is there naturally, since everyone has that tendency!


Rating: 0.0/7 (0 votes cast)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news