04 November 2011

KKSblog.com - The depth of our contamination

KKSblog.com - The depth of our contamination


The depth of our contamination

Posted: 03 Nov 2011 03:11 PM PDT

(Kadamba Kanana Swami, June 2011)

When we are looking at a child we say:

"Oh nice innocent child!"

No….the child is carrying with it the experiences from last life. They’re there….the previous life is there. We cannot remember, but they are present in the sub-consciousness.

I also find very interesting is that the Srimad Bhagavatam recognises a sub-consciousness. Then it's not Freud who invented the sub-consciousness! But actually we do recognise the sub-consciousness, and sub-conscious influences….that is very interesting. Generally that is considered Freudian – he invented that, but we can see that the Vedic literature contains a concept of sub-consciousness.

However, there is a difference between Vedic psychology and Freudian psychology, in that the driving forces that come from the sub-consciousness are in the Vedic concept of being rooted in the previous lives.

How many previous lives? Not only the last life, but how many?

All of them! Krishna knows all of them! Therefore Krishna understands in full the depth of our contamination!

Frustration begins at an early age

Posted: 03 Nov 2011 11:39 AM PDT

(Kadamba Kanana Swami, June 2011)

The world is meant to make us frustrated, and you never get what you want! Just like when I was a kid, I made my list of birthday presents that I desired. My father had a habit of buying what I liked, and what I wanted but the quality was cheaper! Oh God that was the worst – better if you have something just a little cheaper.

I knew him so I specified it, because there's no leeway…… everything there is exactly what I want, and still he buys the one that is of a cheaper quality. It was so frustrating!

So in the material world it begins at a early age with frustration. Why do babies cry? Because they are frustrated, and so on and so on……it just continues until it deeply sets in!

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news