05 August 2010

"I Don't Feel Like Chanting."

Someone said to me, “I’m not chanting anymore.” I said, “Why?” The answer was, “Oh, I just don’t feel like it.” My answer was, I said, “It doesn’t matter whether you feel like it or not, just chant to become purified.” So this person…it wasn’t just that the mind was the enemy. When the mind says I don’t feel like it then the mind has become the enemy. But not only did the mind become the enemy, the intelligence had also become corrupted. Because otherwise even if we don’t feel like it we chant to be purified, then the intelligence is strong, but if we actually give up chanting than that means that not only is the mind the enemy but the intelligence has become corrupted as well. Because we didn’t hear, we didn’t hear. “Oh, no, no, I was hearing and chanting like anything.” Ya, but then somehow or other we were maintaining our material attachments which means were still investing in our material intelligence: A little bit of mundane music on the MP3 player as well. Sometimes a little bit of a karmi movie. “Just on the internet, my brother he downloads everything from the internet he just gives them to me. Some films I think are very nice ant can be used in the service of Krsna,” the mind says. Why would you bother? There’s no need. There is no need to know about Spiderman and Superman we’ve got Hanuman. That is enough to fully satisfy us. So we should not be afraid to limit ourselves to Krsna and think but then maybe I’ll miss out something. No, if we limit ourselves to Krsna then we find the unlimited

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news