09 July 2010

Timezones Twilightzones Shall I Shall I Not

When I after 24 years in a particular ashram went onto the next I must say that the one thing that I discovered was that I had oceans of time – I finished my rounds, chanted the extra ones and then what? Still had time left!
Kind of amazing, the time difference, there is definitely another timezone in terms of the two ashrams, so that is to be considered. So brahmacarya has its advantages in terms of time zones.
But then again many brahmacaris they end up in twilight zone!
Shall I? or Shall I not? And that’s another issue.
The problem with the brahmacari ashram is that in many cases the door is not closed and as long as the door is not closed then there is so much distraction. Once one closes the door once and for all then it becomes more simple, then there is nothing more to entertain, there is no question anymore. Because the question can consume a lot of time and energy.

(Kadamba Kanana Swami, Radhadesh 2010)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news