15 May 2008

We just don't do it!

What is the point when one is not making the Gita one's meditation? Even we may read...like the famous burnt out sankirtan devotee that hasn't read for a week: "Prabhu how are you?"
"I don't know...terrible! I'm in Maya! I don't know what's wrong with me; I didn't read for a week!"
"Don't worry...Quick! Quick! Bring a book!...'The yogi who's mind is fixed on Me verily attains the highest perfection of transcendental happiness. He is beyond the modes of passion, he realises his qualitative identity with the Supreme and thus he's freed from all reactions...' Feel better Prabhu? A little bit?"
"Yeah, I do..."

This is using the Bhagavad Gita as some sort of allophatic medicine- as a headache pill! It's like, 'I feel burnt out...quick! give me a few slokas...I can go again...good stuff!' But that is not the actual way; it means deep absorption, it means deeply making a big change in our life. That's our chance; we got a chance, we get a chance this life, we come so close and then we miss it! we're almost there and then we just miss it! We just don't take it. And we even came into this movement and still we don't take it and we think, "Well, but I've joined so I've taken it..." but we still don't do it. So that's why we sometimes say, initiation is just the beginning and one actually has to become a cent per cent pure devotee- cent per cent pure devotee. Well, that is a big thing...

(KKS, Amsterdam, 2008)

This blog has moved

Checkout www.kksblog.com for the latest news